Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I've been taking a closer look at myself and my mothering skills with Mother's Day looming ever closer.

Am I as patient as I should be? Will my explosive temper be what my family remembers the most?

Am I as fun as I think I am? Or am I a boring fuddy duddy who's always too tired to play?

Do I prepare meals that will be remembered fondly by my children and someday they'll try desperately to duplicate them but they just can't seem to get it right?

Do I do everything I can to make sure my kids are safe and make wise choices?

Like not staying out in the sun without sunscreen?


Apparently not.
It must be genetic.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics!Is that your mother and aunt in the first pic?
    Yes,we all second guess our mothering skills;can only hope they turn out ok in spite of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not we used to put baby oil on to get more tan or burn which is what usually happened. At least we got lots of vitamin D.

    I think you are a much wiser Mother than I was at that stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! I know I can always come here for a laugh! BTW, congrats on the newest little mister coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete