Monday, December 14, 2009

I was grumpy.

Feeling a lot like how Mr. Grinch does towards those noisy Whos down in Whoville.

I wasn't expecting much success when we got to grandma's for our second annual cookie decorating/exchange get together. Last year, I brought only Shannon and we had a lovely time. But this year as the situations had it, I brought the whole family except for Tim. (he had a nasty cold)
I found a recipe for cut-out cookies from Pioneer Woman and decided to give it a try.
It called for painting the cookies before they are baked, with minimal frosting after. (just white glaze with a tip) This sounded very appealing to me since I'm all over the idea of Christmas cookie cut-outs. But when it comes to doing it, about halfway through I start to get anxious and subsequently very sloppy - either grossly laying on the frosting so thick just looking at them sends me into a diabetic coma, or giving up and leaving poor Rudolph naked and plain.


Of course, you see where I am going with this. Turns out this method is very effective at holding little Whos' noisy "pampoodles and wuzzles" at bay.

They were extremely focused and QUIET. And, I didn't have to decorate as many cookies with my little elf helpers doing most of the work.

I couldn't very well expect to stay grumpy when there was family and frosting involved now could I?

2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me! We'll be making Christmas cookies this weekend!

    PS - Thanks for the birthday wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the kids are very into painting the cookies...what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete