Tuesday, June 23, 2009


Just 3 short random thoughts today.


1. Why do I like disgusting food?
I had the pleasure of eating two of my favorite snacks today which are not particularly healthy nor are they something I highly recommend eating. Nutella is a yummy alternative to actual quality chocolate and so when I need a fix but haven't got any Ghiradelli around, I spread some of this stuff on a Ritz cracker and BOING! Salty-sweet deliciousness.

P.S. the kids don't like it. They're weird.

Also I enjoy corn tortilla chips with, not salsa but... chip dip. It's a good excuse to eat the dip without all the grease of a potato chip.



2. Why did I find myself emotional at Shannon's last-day-of-school rainbow ceremony on Friday, not during her part (lovely little dance with a scarf) but my eyes prickled while the kids were singing "Rainbow Connection"?

3. Why were Shannon and Daniel out back "cutting the grass" with scissors? While not really funny right now, when I'm 80 and I read this I'm sure it'll be hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. "Rainbow Connection"...it's a deep AND a sweet song.And watching little ones,especially yours included,could make anyone misty.

    ReplyDelete