Wednesday, November 11, 2009

When Katie started to give me a hard time about taking a nap today, I said "Well, what do you want to bring upstairs with you to sleep with?"
And she proceeded to grab her:
giraffe
chicken puppet
nite nite
plastic clamshell little mermaid happy meal necklace
monster puppet
horsie
and whistle.
It reminded me of the scene in "The Jerk" when Steve Martin threatens to leave saying "I don't need anything! Except I need this ashtray... And that's it! And, I need this paddle game... but that's it! I don't need anything else...I need this..."

Not for not trying but I couldn't get a nice picture of the little diva on her way to nap (she made it very clear she didn't want her picture taken) so I took this one later tonight, surrounded by her growing collection of "what she needs".

1 comment: