Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Why can't I be happy and leave well enough alone? I used to be perfectly pleased with mediocre snapshots without a second thought given to composition and I was blind (ha) to the ugliness a flash gives to the subject.

I was blissfully unaware of what I could accomplish if I actually tried to take a good shot.
Then somewhere, (I'll never tell where because I won't admit this source--ok, it's a blog-- is influencing my life in any way) I heard using a flash was a bad thing and I gave it up. Cold turkey. ("Fish are friends, not food"--sorry)


The camera has become my nemesis. I am determined to save these moments without the crutch of the flash and it's making me crazy. (yeah, moving subjects make it so much easier too)

So many pictures with so much potential but I can't bring myself to go back.
Please help me. I have a problem.
PS--I have lots of other pictures with much more potential than these but I took these today and I was too lazy to look into the archives to pick out better ones. Sorry--I'm just a B average kind of girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment